Sunday, January 12, 2014

Yum

So, the festivities are over.
Thanksgiving.
Christmas.
New Year.
No more holidays. But yet, it's bloody cold. And the next big festival, Chinese New Year, which for my family was THE festival of the year, is virtually nonexistent in Midwest USA. And so, this is probably the time of year when homesickness is worst. And so, in an attempt to bring some of 'home' to my home, I've been looking at instant noodles. The ultimate Malaysian comfort food.
Thankfully, I have my carton of Indomie Mee Goreng to make the nights go easier. But of late I've been craving something else.
Specifically curry noodles. Something spicy, that would heat you up so much that you could go shovel the snow off the driveway naked. I grew up eating Maggi noodles but admittedly, I've never been a huge fan of their chewy, doughy noodles.
And then, thanks to people like Suanie who enjoys torturing Malaysian expatriates abroad (heh), I read about what is supposedly the hit in Malaysia.

 
Chances are, if you live in Malaysia currently, you know what I'm talking about. It's supposed to be the tastiest, heartiest, spiciest, best curry noodle ever. Apparently they lace it with some drug or something. Even my brother living in Australia is crazy about it.
But, reading about this online and looking at the pictures, when you're having the late-night munchies on a cold night, is torture.
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to locate any for sale here. For the rest of us overseas losers, apparently we have to wait a few years before it hits US shores.
So, if anyone knows of a US retailer that sells this online, please let me know. Or if there are any kind souls wanting to deliver a few cartons to a starving Malaysian, that would be much appreciated free smilies