Thursday, October 30, 2014

Leaving on a Jet Plane

So, a year from our last trip, we are now headed for our big trip of the year.
This time, Down Under.
Yes, Australia, mate!
I've never travelled there. And with my brother living there now, we figured it would be an interesting change. Mom and dad will be joining us on part of the trip.
And seeing it's been a year since they last met the girls, I'm excited to see them interact again.
And so, when I glanced up to the sky in the garden today and saw a plane flying overhead in the blue skies, contrasted by the color of the autumn leaves which seem ablaze, I took this picture with my iPhone.
This will be the longest nonstop flight I've ever taken.
15 hours 30 mins.
This will mark my first flight on the Airbus 380. As excited as I am about the trip, I hope the girls will not drive Kris and I crazy.
Wish us luck!